Starting from $41.95/month
- Ontario Packages
Windsor, Oakville and Burlington Packages
Frequently asked questions
How Do I Fix Frequent Disconnection Problems?
Please follow the steps below to diagnose the problem:
1. Check the online status on the modem.
2. Check the internet status on the router.
If the modem’s status is online, the problem is with the router.
If the modem’s status is not online, the problem is with the internet service or the modem.
If the problem is with the internet service or the modem, please contact our office ASAP.
What information do I need to configure my E-mail software?
Regardless of the E-mail software you choose, they often require the same information about your account:
• E-mail address: This is your user name followed by @distributel.net (Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Username: This is the nickname you choose when subscribing to Distributel. Must be between two (2) and ten (10) characters long.
• E-mail password: This is the password you choose when subscribing to Distributel. Must be between six (6) and eight (8) characters long.
• Incoming (POP3) mail server: pop.distributel.net This is the name of the server that receives your E-mail.
• Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: smtp.distributel.net This is the name of the server that sends E-mail for you.
• Display name: This is the name, like John Smith or Dr. Smith, that others will see when they receive your E-mail.
Which Package Should I Choose?
• Open a web browser.
• Type 192.168.2.1 in the address bar and then press Enter on your keyboard to access your modem’s settings.
• Click on Fibe Internet.
• If prompted, enter the administrator password. Unless you have changed it, the default password is “admin“.
• Click on Settings.
• Enter your Internet user ID and password.
• Click on Connect (or Save).
• You will see a green check under the Fibe
Internet service in approximately 10 seconds
1. Open your web browser.
2. Enter bell.ca/homehub (or 192.168.2.1) in the address bar.
3. Enter your administrator password. Unless you have changed it, the default password is “admin”.
4. Click Log in.
5. Click on the Wi-Fi settings button.
On the Wi-Fi settings page, you can edit the following:
Turning on your Wi-Fi network
To turn your Wi-Fi network on, set the Primary Wi-Fi network near the top of the screen to the ON position.
Once your primary network is on, you can turn on or off individual bands (2.4 or 5 GHz). For best coverage, set both to the ON position.
Network name (SSID) and password
The network name (SSID) is used to identify (or name) your network. When connecting with a device, you will see this name in the list of available Wi-Fi networks. Once your network is selected, you will need to enter its password from the device.
A network name and password are already provided and you will find them on a sticker on the back of the modem. You can also create your own to more easily identify your network.
How Do I Setup My Modem and Router?
You can also get support from the products manufacturer by the links below:
Do Link Teknologies Offer Unlimited Download?
How long does it take before my new service can be activated?
Service can be activated as early as 7 days. Transfer of cable internet service from other cable internet provider requires at least 10 days notice before the last day of service.
I'm Having Problems With My Router, How Can I Fix It?
• Cisco / Linksys
What Payment Methods Are Available?
Link Teknologies accepts VISA and MasterCard and other Major Credit Cards. You can authorize Link Teknologies to charge to credit card either 1 time or monthly payment.
Draft payment or Cash payment:
Link Teknologies Inc.
2-1439 Upper Ottawa St Hamilton, on L8W 3J6
Monday – Thursday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Friday 9:30 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am – 3:00 pm